What is the AXA Chair’s Research Programme?
The AXA Chair’s Research fields are:
- Flow of Funds: Identifying mega trends
- Bank Risk and Regulatory Architecture
- Inclusive Finance and Growth
The scientific aims of the research programme will provide a step enhancement on Murinde’s earlier work in at least three main dimensions:
- Introduce dynamics and uncertainty to a static flow-of-funds framework, to investigate mega trends in global finance and risk, given evolving competitiveness, institutional change and technological innovations
- Build large datasets and apply new developments in econometrics to research bank behaviour in the evolving global financial regulation
- Track megatrends and model their impact on global financial systems
The potential outputs, for academia and society, will include:
- Articles published in top-rated journals
- Large datasets, real time indicators, forecasts and simulations, and policy/practitioner briefs, on emerging mega trends
- Evidence for new financial products and instruments (e.g., from RCT).
- Annual conference and flagship report, Mega Trends in Global Finance and Risk. How will the Chair’s research programme make a step change in existing research