CGF hosted a joint event with AXA Research Fund and AXA Investment Managers to launch the AXA Chair in Global Finance, 13 February 2018. The event celebrated the appointment of Professor Victor Murinde as AXA Professor in Global Finance in the School of Finance and Management at SOAS, a new full-time permanent academic position created by SOAS and the AXA Research Fund.
The event also brought together world-leading scholars, practitioners and policy makers to discuss pressing issues and new developments in global finance.
Speakers and panellists included:
- Baroness Valerie Amos, Director SOAS University of London
- Mr. Jad Ariss, AXA Group Head of Public Affairs & Corporate Responsibility
- Professor Tom Kirkwood, President of the AXA Research Fund Scientific Board
- Professor Victor Murinde, AXA Chair Holder at SOAS University of London
- Mr. Laurent Clavel, AXA IM Head of Macroeconomic Research
- Dr George Auma Kararach senior official, UN Economic Commission for Africa
- Dr Abdullah Makame Honourable Member, East African Legislative Assembly
- Professor Christine Oughton, SOAS University of London
- Mr. Hassan El-Shabrawishi, AXA Group Strategic Development Officer for Africa